I am making time this afternoon to write a post, which I have (as you can see above) entitled ‘Catching my breath’. It’s a ‘fake it ’til you make it’ type strategy as I am professionally breathless.
I am still working fulltime and getting up every day to put in an hour or two of writing/editing/author biz before work. But soon I will be paring back to .9 (woo hoo), giving me every other Friday off to write like a little writing fiend.
When asked about my WIP (work in progress) I currently respond with, ‘which one?’ ’cause there is a little bit going on in my author world.
- My travel romcom series recently got a name: The Holiday Romance series
- My third book got a name – not officially shouted out on social media yet, but it will be A Sunset in Sydney
- The same cover artist who created the covers for Books 1 and 2 is – as you read this – creating a gorgeous depiction of Sydney (squee)
- In January, I finished the first draft of my Christmas novel (coming in October), called The Christmas Swap
- I am completing structural edits for A Sunset in Sydney right now (well, not right right now, as I am writing this post)
- When structural edits are handed over, I go back to a re-write of The Christmas Swap which is due at the end of March
- Once that’s handed over, I will get copy edits back for A Sunset in Sydney
- In the midst of all this, I am working on the launch of Book 2, That Night in Paris (April 15 – pre-order now!)
- In June, I go to the UK to attend the HarperCollins author party, the RNA Conference, and to meet my editor and agent in the personage
- While in the UK, I will go up to Edinburgh for research, as it is the setting for the second half of my 5th book, the 4th book in The Holiday Romance series, which is about a supporting character from Book 2 (did you get all that?)
- Also while in the UK, A Sunset in Sydney will be published, so lots to do in the lead up to that!
- And once back from that trip, in early August, I will be finishing Book 5 and will receive structural edits for The Christmas Swap
Actual picture of me when I’m killing it:
And sometimes me:
But also me:
I really, really, really, love being an author and I am still pinching myself.