This meme comes from Charlotte’s blog, and Helen’s before her. Helen got it from Lilian, who took it from Jennifer. It had 40 things on it, but Lilian didn’t really like three of them, so then it became 37 things. I could go through Jennifer’s 40 Things and seek out the three that Lilian didn’t like, but 37 is enough. In fact, there was one I didn’t like about paperclips, so now it is 36.
And just so you know, a meme is not ‘cheating’ of ‘slacking off’ for a serious blogger like myself.
It is more like a pianist flexing their fingers before they sit down to play, or a tennis player bouncing the ball a few times before a serve. A meme is a warm up for more strenuous writing; it helps to get the creative juices flowing and sharpens the mind. So there.
1. My uncle once: peed on a giant moth that was sitting on the urinal, and the pee-soaked moth then flew into his face.
2. Never in my life: have I peed on a moth.
3. When I was five: I had a pet chicken called Martha.
4. High school was: where I learned to stand up to bullies.
5. I will never forget: the moment I knew it was love.
6. Once I met: Hugh Jackman.
7. There’s this girl I know: who has beaten cancer, started her own company, is mum to two fabulous girls, and has a great marriage to a great man.
8. Once, at a bar: I sand ‘Mustang Sally’ on stage to a crowd of 500 people.
9. By noon, I’m usually: regretting how thoughtlessly I made my lunch that morning.
10. Last night: I killed a headache with strong medication, made a ‘not-half-bad’ stir-fry, and watched two mediocre dvd’s
11. If only I had: a literary agent – but I am working on that.
12. Next time I go to church: will be later this month with school for the graduation mass.
13. What worries me most: is that I will forget what is really important in life.
14. When I turn my head left I see: a leafy outlook and sunny blue sky.
15. When I turn my head right I see: my pussy cat sleeping in a ray of sun.
16. You know I’m lying when: well, you won’t, because if I need to be, I am a good liar.
17. What I miss most about the Eighties is: dancing – all the time.
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: Titania – passionate, magical, and on occasion a little mad.
19. By this time next year: I will living in a new city, with my darling, and I will be a paid writer.
20. A better name for me would be: well, I used to want to be called Felicity, but you want strange things when you’re six. I am happy with my name now.
21. I have a hard time understanding: complacency.
22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: spend more time learning about technology, and less time worrying about boys.
23. You know I like you if: I am affectionate with you.
24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: Mum and Dad, because they constantly encourage me, and always have.
25. Take my advice, never: make decisions without input from your heart.
26. My ideal breakfast is: al fresco with a great view, and has many courses.
27. A song I love but do not have is: hard to answer, because I don’t know its name or who it is by. It is a sexy song, with the chorus, “I need love, love, love, love…” Must track it down for my gym playlist.
28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: hop a ferry and spend a few days chilling out on the stunning Rottnest Island.
29. Why won’t people: learn how to merge.
30. If you spend a night at my house: we will eat, drink and laugh ’til it hurts. In the morning, breakfast will be served al fresco and it will have many courses.
31. I’d stop my wedding for: um, tricky, ’cause I have crushes on a celebrity or two (Hayden Christensen), but would only really put off a wedding to have the honeymoon first – a year-long trip around the world to exotic and beautiful locations (of course).
32. The world could do without: drawn out U.S. presidential campaigns.
33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: spend the night with a spider in my room.
34. My favourite blonde is: my auntie Candyce, who is one of the funniest people I know.
35. If I do anything well it’s: teach.
36. And by the way: I really need to get to the gym.