Today I will be retreating to Whidbey Island for their Writers’ Association “Lockdown” Retreat. I will be locking myself away (voluntarily) with other writers – authors and poets – for two-and-a-half days on my absolute favorite of Puget Sound’s many islands.
• To get some ‘objective’ feedback on my book (the people attending don’t know me, so can only react to what is on the page)
• To engage in meaty conversations about writing, prose, poetry and all things literary
• To spent the weekend wearing Ugg boots and big chunky sweaters, drinking tea and whiskey (not at the same time)
• To write, write, write
• To learn everything there is to know about everything
• To be challenged to be more innovative, more creative and to stretch myself artistically
• To learn more about the business of books
I am retreating to move forward. I can’t wait.